Friday, August 5, 2011

Betrayal, Unfaithfulness, Deception

 At some point in our lives we have all experienced these things, whether it was from a friend, a spouse, a sibling, or a parent. Even as your reading this you may be reminded of the person who caused this hurt, but I want to encourage you today to know there is someone who will never betray you, He is always faithful--even when your not, and He will never deceive you.
    
As I have began a new phase in my life, there have been plenty of opportunities to worry, to be scared, or to give up and this is just the beginning, but I have been learning something. From the day that I gave my life to Christ to now as I sit and write this I have been learning of God's faithfulness! He has used various events in my life to prove His word that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is always going to be there no matter what and He never changes--He is the same yesterday, today, and forever(Hebrew 13:8).
   
As I have been preparing to leave in August, God has been revealing His faithfulness in different aspects of preparation. Here are just a few examples: my visa was more than I expected but He had already provided the finances to pay for it, He made a way for me to save at least $500 if not more on my plane ticket, He gave me peace in quitting my weekend job so that I could have a little extra time with my family, even though there are lots of uncertainties right now about how everything is going to work out He has given me complete peace, and He has showed me that no matter what the circumstance He will be with me!

Today I just want to encourage you to just put your trust fully in God. Here are a few scriptures to remember concerning trusting God and His faithfulness:

Proverbs 3:5 says, trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Lamentations 3:22-24--Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!”

Psalm 9:10--And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few quick updates:
I had a garage sale a few weeks ago. Praise God! I made over $700! I just had a carwash this last weekend I made $360! I now have my visa and plane ticket. My last day at VOM will be August 12th and I will be flying out on August 16th! I appreciate everyone who has helped with the fundraisers I have done the last few months! I want to especially thank my mom! : ) Without God and her I wouldn't be where I am today!

If anyone has anything they would like prayer for please let me know. I would love to be able to stand in agreement with you! Thank you and God Bless!!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristen! That really blessed me today as we are getting ready for a new adventure also. I have to remind myself if this is God then he will provide for the mission he has put before us. Which I could have seen you a few weeks ago, when we were in Pawhuska. We will be praying for you.

    Love in Christ,
    Natasha Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Aw, your welcome! Its great to know God will always be there! I know I wished I could have seen you guys as well! Maybe next time! I appreciate your prayers so much! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete