Thursday, April 28, 2011

Long Term Missions Training Begins- Aug 2011

          Now that you have seen a glimpse of where I started and how God has gotten me to where I am today, I would like to share with you the next step! This August I will be going to Wales. I will be doing a 9 month long term missions training program. (http://worldhorizons.co.uk/) Through this program I will receive the training necessary for me to live and work effectively in a cross-cultural situation. There are two parts to this training. The first is various classes. Here's a list of some of the classes I will be taking: Spiritual warfare, cultural studies, prayer, ethics, church planting. The second part is practical ministry. We will be doing things in the community, I will be involved in a local church, and reaching out to the people around me who are not believers.
         This is not something I can do on my own. I need people who are committed to seeing the great commission fulfilled and who believe in what God is doing in me and through me. As is says in Romans 10:14-15, how then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” 
         The two vital ways you can be a part of this with me is through prayer and financial support. If you would like to support me on a monthly basis or make a one time donation money can be sent directly to World Horizons. All money sent to them is tax deductible. Please email me at kyug29@gmail.com for instructions on sending money directly to World Horizons.
       I also need people who are committed to praying for me. As I move out into full time missions there will be many changes, adjustments, and challenges. Having a great team of people praying for me will not only make this time of transition for me easier but will enable me to be more affective in fulfilling the work God has for me in my time in Wales and also as I go out from there.

Training Program Cost and what it covers:
  • $5700                  
  • Training supplies
  • Any traveling done as part of the training

Amount of Monthly Support and what will be used for:
  • $1300/month
  • Housing
  •  Food
  •  Health insurance
  •  Taxes
  • Other misc expenses

No comments:

Post a Comment