Thursday, April 28, 2011

Introduced to Missions-Aug 2001

               A few years prior to 2001, I read a book called Tortured for Christ. This was the first time I had heard of a modern day persecuted church. It was not just something that happened in the Bible but was still going on today. It opened my eyes to what believers around the world were facing and gave me a passion to encourage and support them in any way I could. After reading this book I was given my first introduction to missions.
          In August of 2001, I went on my first missions trip to Kansas City. My youth pastor took a group of us to a church that had been flooded. We helped clean up the church, paint, and did a vacation bible with the neighborhood kids. One of the best things that happened on the trip was I forgot that it was my birthday. I had forgotten till someone reminded me. Though its something small and kind of funny, God used it to show me something. What He showed me that day would completely change the course of my life. I did not have a full understanding of what this meant but I knew I wanted to do missions the rest of my life.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment