Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What Have You Been Saying?

As I was reading my Bible this morning, God reminded me of something. In Luke 6:45 it says, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." As I was reading this I started thinking about what I have been saying in light of things going on in the world and just in my day to day life. I thought have I been speaking the Word? Have I been speaking words of encouragement? Or have I been tearing people down and not speaking words of Life?
       
       God also tied a couple of other verses in with this, Luke 6:35-36. It says, "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful."
        
       So through these verses God has reminded me that I must have a constant in flow of His Word. When I stop putting His Word in other things are then allowed to creep into my heart. Which affects how I speak and how I treat others. So remember as you are talking with others or those times when we get irritated with someone...what comes out? Is it words of encouragement, words of Life or is it words of discouragement and hurt??

Ephesians 4:29- Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Kristen. I needed this so bad. I have not been very nice about the events giong on. Thank you. You are such a simple and yet powerful writer. Please continue!

    ReplyDelete