Friday, May 6, 2011

Do you have peace?

       Its awesome to see God work! Philippians 4:4-7 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Tonight I heard a great message on this passage of scripture but also this is something God had already been reminding me of. In preparing to go into full time missions there have been those times when I started to worry and wonder if God was really going to work all this out. I know He is but sometimes if we let it, our mind can sure get in the way! The thing that has stuck out to me the most is the promise that we can have PEACE even in the midst of whatever might be going on around us. All we have to do is come to God with prayer and thanksgiving. Which in this verse Thanksgiving means worship. So when we Worship God and spend time in His presence we will have the peace that verse 7 talks about, a peace that goes beyond our understanding.
          I have a few updates...I received $500 this last week!  I also did a fundraiser with a local restaurant and raised $50. Praise God!! I am looking at doing a car wash soon and will also be doing a garage sale in June.

Prayer Request:
     1. that God will give me wisdom for what my next steps should be
     2. as God stretches me and pushes me out of my comfort zone, that God will give me the strength and grace to do what He is asking of me

If anyone has anything they would like prayer about please let me know! I would love to be able to agree with you in prayer for needs you may have in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend! I have been visiting your blog. Cool! Congratulations for your work. I invite you to visit my blog at:
    http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete